Eowyn Smith from Wilde Oak’s Farm near the top of Deerhorn Valley Road is warning neighbors and fellow DV’ers about a serious incident that took place last week.
Our farm dog was poisoned by antifreeze last week somewhere at the end of Deerhorn (she went missing for about 20 min to half hour). After showing signs of “drunken paralysis” we took her to the vet that eve. She underwent 36 hours of treatment and is now doing much better (it is best to catch this as soon as possible or your animals kidneys may be permanently destroyed). All should know that this is happening (I am not sure if you knew but several years ago there was a rash of similar dog poisonings in the area, killing at least 6 dogs at the end of Deerhorn).
Please contact the Sheriff if anyone has any further information. Let’s prevent this from happening again!
Thank you, Eowyn, for sharing this with us all. Remember that we have two resident sheriff’s who are DV neighbors and there to support us in keeping our community safe, including our dogs and livestock. Be sure to keep antifreeze and other chemicals secured. -Kim
________________________________
“Promoting a Safe, Inter-Connected, and Vibrant Community”
Please join us on and DeerhornValley.net